Drupal 9 is planned to be released June 3, 2020 while Drupal 8 goes unsupported by November 2021. By the time DrupalCamp London 2020 rolls around, the state of Drupal 9 will be of huge importance. This session covers the timeline getting to the Drupal 9 release as well as where are we and what kind of changes can you expect. It will be most valuable for developers but businesses can also get a summary about the value of Drupal 9 and what it means for Drupal 8 and 7 users.
This skill level is for people brand new to the topic of the session or have minimal exposure to it.
- D8 module development knowledge
- PHP 7 knowledge
- Object oriented programming knowledge
- A laptop with a PHP IDE local Apache server with PHP7 installed (Acquia Dev Desktop, WAMP, XAMPP, MAMP, ...)
Drupal 9 is releasing in mid 2020s, so it's time to sit on roller coaster and cross your fingers to see what Drupal 9 holds for us. A fun-loving session with interactive ideas that demonstrate the real use-case of Drupal 9 module and its development.
- Drupal 9 overview
- Transition phase from D8 to D9
- Drupal 9.0 API = Drupal 8.9 API minus deprecated parts + third party dependencies.
- Hello world module and best practices
- Autocomplete node search module - a case study in Drupal 9
The target audience for this talk is backend developers who are curious to build modules in Drupal 9.
Recorded session - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lohd4NVrvA