Basic Understanding of Object oriented Programming.
Overview of Symfony and Drupal 8.
If you are a Drupal Developer then it's a great opportunity and scope of learning while using Symfony Components in Drupal 8. It encourages you to learn patterns and Object Oriented Methodologies that can be applied beyond Drupal World. It provides most of the common features that need to be used by every open source project, hence save's time to really work on features than can add value to Drupal as Product.
Symfony is NOT a CMS, It is a PHP based full stack web application framework that follows MVC Architecture, licensed under MIT. It's components are also being used by Composer, behat, Doctrine, Joomla, phpbb... the list is long...
Why Symfony was Shortlisted ?
- It has most of the components and features that is created by community of developers and can be used in any CMS product.
- Symfony Community is one of the most active community when it comes to support for their components and libraries.
- For Drupal Developers, It's a great opportunity to learn modern decoupled patterns and OOP programming style.
- Enforcement of following proper standards and recommendations like PHP-FIG, PSR-0, PSR-3, PSR-4
- As mentioned above, give out of the box thinking and component based approch to apply beyond Drupal.
- Finally, Get out of Drupal world and leave some Drupalism.
Drupal is not using Symfony as full stack framework but taking some advantages from its components. In this session, we will discussing some of the Symfony Components used in Drupal 8 :
Take Away for attendees :
- Working Knowledge of Symfony Components in Drupal 8
- OOP methodologies
- Code examples for the components listed above.