Some PHP experience is needed, although I will be going over some topics like streams and closures in order to bring everyone up to speed.
ReactPHP is a non-blocking I/O, written in pure PHP. This tool can be used to create low-level utilities such as command line interaction and network client and servers.
In this session I will cover:
- What ReactPHP is.
- Some concepts that need to be understood to use it.
- Streams and closures in PHP.
- Sockets in PHP.
- Some example applications that can be written using it, including a chat application.
I will also go through efforts made to get Drupal 8 running in ReactPHP, and why this is a benefit.
- An understanding of ReactPHP and how to use it.
- An understanding of what streams and closures are, and why they are important to use with ReactPHP
- What roles ReactPHP can play in your organisation.
- What ReactPHP can do for Drupal.