People attending this session:
- Should know Object-oriented programming
- Should have a basic knowledge of D8
- Want to master one of the most used and amazing Drupal 8 new systems.
- Shouldn't be scared of watching few slides with PHP code
- Don't already know how the Plugin API system works :p
When I started working with Drupal 8 one of the cool new toy was the Plugin system. Blocks are plugins, Fields (widgets, etc.) are plugins, Views plugins are plugins... and so what?
What's the common denominator? Why and When should I use plugins? And how?
You can find a lot of articles try to answer those questions, but - to simplify the learning process - most of them use weird examples. And again you are back where you were before: confused and alone.
Join me in this journey to discover the Plugin API system with real life examples, though common as well as rare case scenarios. How easy is to build and use your Plugin Manager, and make your projects components pluggable ans swappable.
At the end of this session you will:
- Know how the Plugin API system works
- When and how to use it
- love it, and you may require another session about how to quit with plugins