People attending this session should:
- know object-oriented programming
- have basic knowledge of Drupal 8 and it's internals
- be open to new and potentially controversial concepts
Want to see new ways to take full advantage of Drupal using Symfony Components? This is for you! As a non-Drupal developer who works with Symfony Framework for years I'm trying to bring communities together by showing Drupal developers the power of the Symfony components available in Drupal and to show Symfony Framework developers that Drupal can also do the things they are used to work with. This session is about a journey to a completely alternative way to create Restful APIs without using any of the well known modules. Don't be afraid to let go of the drupalisms you know and love...
At the end of this session you will:
- understand why larger companies need standards about their API's
- how this was easily ported to Drupal 8
- know the different between Symfony Components and Symfony Framework
- understand how Symfony components can improve your workflows
- how this attract non-Drupal developers to help on Drupal projects
- how to create controllers as services
- see how you can configure controllers with annotations
- have a basic understanding of Symfony Form
- have seen more bonus content that shows the power of the Symfony components available in Drupal 8
- be excited to try everything yourself!