- Understanding of Drupal 8 module development is required.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming will be advantageous.
Drupal 8's routing system came from Symfony's. Drupal's routing system can do everything Symfony's can (and more).
Drupal 7 used hook_menus. In Drupal 8 module’s routes are defined in yaml files and these trigger actions defined in module’s controller.
In our talk, We're going to cover
How Routing happens in Symfony
How Drupal 8 makes use Symfony’s routing system using yaml and controllers
How is Different from Drupal 7
What all(and more) Drupal’s routing system can do
Execution precedence of same routes
Structuring Drupal 8 routes
A working demo
- Defining your own routes your own way.
- Best practices while defining routes.
- At the end of this session you be see how routing dumps a URL matcher or generator specific to a particular routes and how it maps an HTTP requests.
Co-Presenter: yogen.prasad (23547)