- You should be interested in both Drupal and Chatbots / Personal Assistants and want to know more about how to get them talking to each other.
- As a Site Builder, you should be confident with Views and content Display Modes, so we can explore how use them in this new context.
- As a Drupal Developer, you should have a general knowledge of how Drupal 8’s plugin system works in order to understand how you can apply them to create custom advanced logic.
In the era of Chatbots and Personal Assistants, serving content from your existing Drupal 8 website via conversational interfaces is a must for some site-owners. Luckily, in-core features like Plugins, Services and Views makes the job of building a skill for Amazon Echo or an agent for Dialogflow easy.
As the creator of the brand new Chatbot API module and its pluggable Intents, I’ll explore the process of building a skill with you. Together we’ll look at the tools you need, how to structure your content, the biggest challenges, and how to get around them.
This session will show you how your website is not just HTML/CSS/JS – well, not anymore. Let’s break the concept of browsers being the only tools you should consider while writing and structuring the content. Drupal 8 is the cutting edge CMS ready for this transformation – and it’s ready for real-world application on your projects now.
Whether you are a Drupal Developer, a Site Builder or just interested in the Chatbots and Personal Assistants new world: this session is for you.
I’ll help you understand the problems and solutions around exposing your articles, events and – why not – even pages to those services.
By the end of this session you’ll understand:
- How Personal Assistants, i.e. Amazon's Alexa, Dialogflow and Chatbot platforms work.
- How to harness the power of Drupal as a Content Hub and Headless service.
- How to let Drupal talk through Alexa & Co..
- How to expose the content of your site through an Alexa Skill or a Dialogflow agent - or any Chatbot - without touching a line of code.
This will be a show full of magic – including simple behind-the-scenes tricks you can start applying today.