- Some understanding of what Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools are (Terraform, Ansible).
- Some understanding of what AWS Cloud is would probably be an advantage.
Terraform is the defacto champion of Infrastructure as Code and provisioning. GitLab provides the perfect platform for managing code, CI and containers from development to production. AWS is the leader in Infrastructure as a Service.
In this talk, I will introduce the audience to a complete pipeline to build and transfer applications from GitLab to AWS using Terraform and GitLab CI.
Along the way we will:
- Provision and manage our infrastructure with Terraform
- Configure our infrastructure with Ansible (both mutable and immutable)
- Secure with Vault
- Manage it all in GitLab CI pipelines making it all versionable, auditable and visible
- Have fun (hopefully).