* Knowledge of Kubernetes or similar tools would be good to have.
* Knowledge of Decoupled Systems would be good to have.
An effective platform strategy lays the path for digital transformation journey of an organisation. If we ask what constitutes a digital platform, the answer is a foundational platform which constitutes of self-service APIs, tools, knowledge base which brings autonomy to delivery teams to deliver digital products.
Kubernetes has been one of the key enablers for building such a foundational platform where it has evolved into a strategic platform for deploying and scaling applications at scale. One of the key factors regarding rapid adoption of k8s has been it’s extensibility & concepts like *Service Catalog*, *Open Service Broker API* have made it easier to use managed software offering by a provider.
Open Service Broker API and Service Catalog are game changers in the current cloud native ecosystem. Most of the organisations are running their stateless workloads in Kubernetes but for persistence or messaging queues etc there is still a preference to use some managed service by a provider due to overhead in setting up such a service and administering it. This is where Service Catalog and Open Service Broker API shines and it abstracts the details of the service used and the application can simply use it as a service hence providing a unified experience to provision a service offered by a service provider.
The session focuses on how Open Service Broker API works and how it allows service providers to offer services to anyone, regardless of the technology or infrastructure those providers wish to utilise.
Some key learning objectives are:-
- Extension of Kubernetes, particularly how Kubernetes can be extended with special focus on Service Catalog
- Developer/Operator Experience: How to create seamless experiences for Developers and Opeators.
- Service Catalog/OSBAPI: Audience with gain deep insight into how OSBAPI and Service Catalog work and also gain insights into how they can build Service Brokers.
At the end of this session audience will understand some of the core concepts of Kubernetes and also understand the extensibility part of it.
This session is targeted for:
- DevOps Engineers: They will learn how they can provide seamless developer experience to developers and reduce their pain :)
- Developers: They will learn how they can use available tooling for better observability and debuggability and work with operations team without being a pain :)
- Project Managers