- Intermediate knowledge of Drupal backend is required.
- Experience in performance optimisation would be advantageous.
- Basic understanding of SEO would be advantageous.
- Basic knowledge of Drupal theme would be advantageous.
The primary goal of this session would be to talk about my encounters and experiences while working with AMP on a Drupal site.The challenges it posed and its impacts on performance of site.
We all agree Higher the Performance of a site higher would be its user Engagement.In this mobile first world performance becomes even more crucial.
AMP is used to accelerate mobile pages and the those page should ideally be very light weight.We Need to limit the HTML components for mobile pages so that it is light on mobile so if there is carousel on desktop should we consider having the same carousel on an amp page and how useful would it be.
How would an AMPed site be benefited when ranked on google and the mechanism behind it.
In this session we would accomplish
- What is AMP and how does it accelerate mobile pages.
- We would cover up setting up and configuring the local environment.
- Working Demo.
- Debugging and validating AMP on local environment.
- Impact of AMP on site SEO.
- Impacts and challenges when using external CSS and JS.
- Challenges I faced while actually working on it.
- Risks, Limitations, known bugs and possible solutions.
- Our Recommendations for you.
This session would serve as a guideline for those who are tempted about site’s weight and performance.At the end of this session you would be able to make critical choices about your mobile first sites like an expert.
Co-Presenter: yogen.prasad (23547)