This session does not require any prior knowledge of the subject and is interesting for developers, devops engineers, solution architects and (technical) managers.
Serverless does not mean there are no servers; those are only just hidden from you. Scale with ease without provisioning server and without paying for idle...is this for real? Yes it is! Can Drupal also be part of a serverless architecure? You bet! Can Drupal itself run serverles? Let's find out! After this talk you will understand why serverless architecture is great and you will be excited to create your own serverless solutions to make your life easier. And last but not least...it's lot's of fun!
Are you looking to expand your knowledge in the field of DevOps and development? This is for you! This session will introduce the concept of serverless architecture and will cover it's advantages and disadvantages. You will learn about the common use cases where serverless is useful and I will highlight some projects where serverless is used in production. Think about things like automatic content injection/moderation/enrichment, video encoding with ffmpeg, chat bots, APIs and much more.
After this session you will know:
- What "serverless" actually means
- What the difference is with containers
- Where and how you can run your serverless code
- What types of serverless are common
- Common use cases
- Example projects where we used this in production
- The advantages and disadvantages
- If you can run Drupal using a serverless architecture
- About the possibility to create a serverless state machine
- How you can get started today (for free!)