- D8 module development knowledge
- PHP 7 knowledge
- Object oriented programming knowledge
- A laptop with a PHP IDE local Apache server with PHP7 installed (Acquia Dev Desktop, WAMP, XAMPP, MAMP, ...)
Drupal 9 is releasing in mid 2020s, so it's time to sit on roller coaster and cross your fingers to see what Drupal 9 holds for us. A fun-loving session with interactive ideas that demonstrate the real use-case of Drupal 9 module and its development.
- Drupal 9 overview
- Transition phase from D8 to D9
- Drupal 9.0 API = Drupal 8.9 API minus deprecated parts + third party dependencies.
- Hello world module and best practices
- Autocomplete node search module - a case study in Drupal 9
The target audience for this talk is backend developers who are curious to build modules in Drupal 9.