Dependency Injection and Service Containers
Dependency Injection is a known design principle in software engineering and it has been embraced closely while developing Drupal 8. The dependency injection component of Symfony makes it fairly easily to manage dependencies in your php code and concept of service containers further enhances the experience making managing dependencies so trivial.
Key takeaways from the session
In this session we will talk about
Introduction to dependency injection and service containers
Introduction to dependency injection component of Symfony
How dependency injection and services are managed in Drupal 8
A walkthrough of a real life problem in Drupal 7 where we had created a standalone query builder service using Doctrine and Dependency Injection component of Symfony and similar components which we are currently building in our Drupal 7 project.
We will briefly touchbase upon composer and PRS autoloading as well while demonstrating the use case of building independent components
At the end of this session the participants would have sufficient knowledge of Dependency Injection and Service Containers and enough guidelines to build standalone components in their work and they would also understand the benefits of following such a pattern in their projects.
Ashish Thakur(a_thakur) is an active community member and contributor from India.
Previous Speaking include
- Drupal Camp Brighton: http://www.drupalcampbrighton.co.uk/sessions/large-scale-distributed-search-using-elasticsearch
- Drupal Con Mumbai: https://events.drupal.org/asia2016/sessions/how-build-sustainable-contribution-culture-your-organization
- Drupal Camp London 2015: http://2015.drupalcamplondon.co.uk/session/drupal-8-site-builders
- Drupal Camp Delhi 2015: http://2015.drupalcampdelhi.com/sessions/drupal-8-site-builders
- Drupal Camp Delhi 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sc1JJqOLdk
- BADCAMP 2015: https://2015.badcamp.net/session/large-scale-distributed-search-using-elasticsearch