Migrate API in Drupal 8
Drupal 8 contains the Migrate API in core, an extensible and powerful framework for migrating configuration and content into your Drupal 8 site.
The process of upgrading your Drupal site from earlier Drupal versions (Drupal 6 or Drupal 7) to Drupal 8 has been completely rewritten. Gone are the days of using update.php to move your site to the next major version.
The Migrate & Migrate Drupal core modules will help you move your content and configuration in a more robust and repeatable way.
In this session I will cover:
* How Migrate became a part of core
* The concepts of Migrate API in Drupal 8
* The (experimental) state of Migrate & Migrate Drupal in Drupal 8
* Additional (contrib) modules for succesful migrations
* Executing a migration to Drupal 8
* Writing your own migrations
* Contributing to the Migrate initiative